Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Question for Global Climate Change Deniers

Suppose you are right. I’m not willing to grant this, because I believe the scientific evidence is overwhelming, but let’s put that aside for now.
So if I am willing to put the evidence aside for the moment, let’s assume that there is still room for debate. Let’s assume that there’s an 80% chance that you are right, and that all of the scientific evidence doesn’t mean a thing. This means there’s only a 20% chance that man-made global climate change will cause the oceans to rise, more natural disasters, species extinction, and severe food shortages. Are you willing to take this 20% chance on the future of humanity on the planet?

No comments:

Post a Comment