Blue Jersey is down - on Election Day of all days! Here's their morning roundup:
Update: As of 9:25 AM, Blue Jersey is back up! Find them here.
Today’s the Day!
Shuffling the Deck Chairs
- The votes aren’t counted yet, but the Norcross/DiVincenzo axis is counting on retaining control of the Assembly. Are they the knuckleheads of the week?
Other Political News
- A Californian is running for the New Jersey legislature in the 8th district and he’s not Carl Lewis.
- Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery to Assemblyman Rumpf.
- Ballot issues: Will the Princetons merge? Will Moorestown allow liquor sales? Will New Jersey allow sports betting?
- Medford Mayor Chris Myers’ political career is over. Is his business career done, also?
Christie is Consistent in his Inconsistency
- The man who is killing the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative after a secret meeting with the Koch Brothers rails against out of state pollution while refusing to join a suit supporting the EPA.
Victory in the Battle of Trenton
- Occupy Trenton wins a victory and gets their stuff back. More importantly, the Constitution is upheld.
- “This is a victory in our efforts to secure full free rights for Occupy Trenton” says ACLU’s Ed Barocas
- A quiet but determined occupier in Trenton (with video)
- NJEA Compromises. Will the Governor?
- Blue Jersey will be covering the NJEA convention later this week.
The Next Election
- Retired businesswoman bequeaths a half million dollars to the Rutgers Center for American Women in Politics. Maybe we’ll have a Democratic woman in the currently all-male New Jersey Congressional Delegation after 2012 (A.B. – I’m looking at you!)
I Miss NJN
- NJ Today launches their new web site. When will they start covering Trenton with live broadcasts?
New Jersey Parks
- Here’s one New Jersey park that Chris Christie can’t privatize. Unless he becomes President.
New Jersey Roads
Is Scarlet Fever the Cure for Penn State’s Offense?
- Will Rutgers Coach Greg Schiano replace the State College icon? What would that do to the costly Rutgers football program?
The Chutzpah Award goes to…